Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Number 4 Mighty Hair Spray Review


 I've been meaning to post a review of Number 4's ' Jour d'automne Mighty' Hair Spray since I first received it in the mail (Disclaimer: I won a bottle from BeautyUndercover ). But I wanted to test out the product for a couple of weeks before sharing my opinions.
Before I begin, let me tell you a bit about what the actual product.



 According to several online beauty stores, Number 4 Hairspray 'repel humidity and keep your style all day long with No. 4 Jour d'automne Mighty Hair Spray. This strong hold hair spray provides a flexible hold that will not flake or cause build up. Formulated with Flex-Net Resins to impart incredible shine and hold, without giving a stiff, traditional hairspray feeling. Provides UV and thermal protection as well as helping to preserve hair color. As with all No. 4 products, this hairspray is 100% vegan, gluten free and paraben free'.

Now whenever a product states it can hold your style all day without that stiff, almost crunchy-feel to your hair, I see red flags immediately. I can't help but have high expectations on the product. And while this hairspray has some good positives, it does not take the award on this category.

Wanting to make sure I could get that great hold without the stiffness, I tried several hairstyles in different weather conditions to make sure this product could hold up (pun intended). The first time I tried the mighty hairspray, I curled my hair for a special girls day out with some close friends.  My hair is naturally really curly, but I tend to keep it straight on most days. But when I want to jazz up a bit, I'll create some curls. Now these curls usually don't stay curled long, so I had very little expectations on keeping the curls lasting all day.  But a few spritz of this hairspray, I could feel it lock my hair in place (I bounced my head back and forth for good measure).

When I got back around 8:00pm (started at 10:00am), my curls still held up . And while, they weren't exactly intact, they looked great.  But I did notice that my hair was really stiff. So much so that I had to take a shower that same night to clean some of the build up.

This is a bit of a problem since I avoid washing my hair everyday. So using this hairspray on a daily basis is out of the question because it's going to be hard avoiding the shower after every use. However, if you're looking for a special occasion hairspray, then No.4 is a good one. It really does keep the hairstyle top notch.

But what I love most of all is that No. 4 Jour d'automne Mighty Hair Spray  is that it is 100% vegan, gluten and paraben free. It really gives a consumer like myself the confidence, and frankly, the peace of mind that the product I'm using is safe and nontoxic. 









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites